Sounds crazy, right? Trust me, it is not when you build the right debt (hint: it is not financial debt with shady credit sharks or gangster types 😉 ).
Make a list and starting owing
Some time ago I heard one of the best pieces of advice from Joe Rogan which changed my view on things and which helped me better myself beyond what I thought possible.
Watch it here:
TL;DR (ok, more TL;DW)
Sit down on Sunday, make a list of stuff you owe yourself in the coming week. This means if you want to lose weight, build a “debt list” of:
- doing 3 workouts throughout the week
- eating right 6 of 7 days (and not overdoing it on the 7th!)
- logging your calorie intake and output every day, even on your relax / recreation day
- meditating 3 times to lessen your stress and get a clearer mind
Or let’s say you want to improve your business then make a list like that:
- listen to business advice podcasts 4 times the coming week
- create 2 social media posts advertising your business
- call 10 new contacts to sell your services to
These are just some examples but it boils down to this: you need to hold yourself accoutable and build a mindset of accountability. Be honest with yourself and commit to work ethic: would you want to create the impression that you are a dishonest person who always promises but never delivers? I guess not. So why cheat and lie to yourself and refrain from doing the work?
So in Joe’s words: become a bad motherfucker (because it is so worth it becoming the hero of your story, believe me) 🤘